Tour to the Ruby Land Mogok :
Known as the Valley of the Rubies, town of Mogok was founded more than 800 years ago. Mystery has always been surrounding the area which, for the most of time, was closed to the outsider. This is the very place where the best world’s rubies and sapphires have being mined for centuries altogether with other precious and semiprecious stones.
Only recently Mogok was opened to foreign visitors. We are more than happy to be among the very first Myanmar tour operators to propose you an exclusive tour to the “Rubyland”. It would be a perfect supplement to the classic itinerary in Myanmar or a unique travel experience on its own.
You will get an insight into one of the closest and the most protected Myanmar industries – gems trade. By visiting gems markets and major religious and cultural sites you will learn about rules, traditions and rituals of the gems world in Mogok. Your experienced local guide will explain you the different kinds of gems and will tell you legends and superstitions about them. You will know which gem is related to your zodiac sign, oriental horoscope and Burmese traditional calendar.
You will also learn about unique Mogok mosaic arts with granulated gems, will taste delicious local cuisine (Shan noodles, traditional soup soontang, pickled tea, Mogok coffee, etc.), and will admire wonderful mountain landscapes of the area.
Summary of the Tour :
Duration : 3 days / 2 nights
Best time for visits : October – May
Itinerary : Mandalay – Mogok – Mandalay
Basic hotel : Mogok Hill Hotel
- Accommodation (double/twin room shared room)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- All transfers and transportation by private a/c car
- Permission to visit Mogok
- Compulsory English-speaking guide services (French/Russian/German/Spanish/Chinese/Japanese-speaking guides on supplement and on request)
- Assistance of the Radiant Tours & Travels team 24h/24, 7d/7
Package does not include:
- International flights
- Lunch and dinner
- Visa fees
- Optional visits and services not mentioned in the program
- Compulsory surcharges for Christmas, New Year and Myanmar Water Festival (April) depending on the hotels
- Photo- and video camera fees
- Tips and personal expenses
Contacts for details and booking :
Day 1 : Morning departure from Mandalay (about 6 hours drive). Arrival to Mogok in the afternoon. Sigh seeing in the downtown area. Overnight in Mogok
Day 2 : Full day sigh seeing in Mogok with visits of the famous gems markets, Mogok Vipassana meditation center, major pagodas, etc.
Day 3 : Departure for Mandalay. Upon arrival - end of services.